Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Day 2: 5/13/08

Location: Einstein's Pub, Katy, TX
$ spent: ???
Notables: Personal bests on Cypress, Misty, and Swamp Thing

Einstein's is a part of Golden Tee history, as the site of the famous Golden Tee Champ Plays 12 At Once youtube video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpIkTA0He10). If I have my way, it'll soon be part of Golden Tee history again. But more on that.

It became a part of MY history last night. The short version - due to a miscommunication, I ended up NOT meeting up with someone there as I thought, but instead was stuck there alone for hours, with nothing to do but drink beer, play GT, and talk to a cute waitress.

For some reason I decided to just keep on drinkin beer, and to see how this affected my play. The results are unclear. I believe the following were the scores from my last 3 rounds . . .

Swamp: -14
Cypress: -15
Misty: -14

I'm not sure of the courses but I'm pretty sure of the numbers. What was odd is HOW I got the scores: during one back -9 I was -7, with 5 pars, 3 eagles, and a birdie! I NEVER do that.

I don't have any lessons from the games because I don't remember them, and could barely follow while what was going on. I don't want to say that drinking obviously helps your play, because, well, I just don't want to be responsible for that message. Maybe the fact that drinkin gravely impairs cognitive function ends up helping, because you don't overthink. Maybe. I don't know. I just don't know.

Till next time.

No comments: