Friday, May 16, 2008

Day 3: 5/16/08

Cahill's on Durham, Houston, TX
$1
4 holes on The Swamp (I think), -2.

These numbers are a little contrived. A Happy Hour with coworkers went into Extended Play, with No Golden Tee the entire evening/night . . . and then just after last call at our final stop, I paid a buck and snuck in 4 holes. Results? Birdie, Birdie, Birdie, Bogey.

Bogey??? That hole's a par 5! Well, three reasons. One, I don't know how to curve. I tried to curve my 2nd shot onto the green to be on in 2, but I hit the wrong curve and put it in the water. 2, a lousy 8 iron from the fringe kept me from being up and down for the part. And 3, I may have played the hole wrong anyway -- there are some nice little landing areas, and using one of them would have given me a better crack at being on on 2 without needing the curve in the first place.

Moral?
- More work on 8 iron
- More work on curves
- Playing 4 holes at a time is kinda cool

No comments: